Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Noah David

Christmas came very early for the Ellis family this year. If you haven't heard by now, a little over two weeks ago Allison gave birth to our first son Noah David Ellis. He was born on Tuesday, November 21, at 1:08 pm- 5 weeks and 1 day early. He weighed 6lbs 3.7ozs and was 18 3/4 inches long. He has a full head of dark brown hair (just like his dad), and for the moment, beautiful blue eyes (just like his mom). His birth came with a lot of excitement and a little stress. Being 5 weeks early, he had several minor problems that kept him in the hospital even after Allison was discharged. After nine tough days in the Neonatal ICU, prayers were answered and he was able to come home with us last Thursday. He is now doing great and is beginning to grow.

These last few weeks have been the craziest two weeks of my life. And as you can see, blogging slipped pretty far down on the priority list over that time. I'll attempt, during the next couple weeks to provide more stories about the delivery, Noah's first few days, his stay in the hospital, life with him at home and yes, some pictures.

Allison has recovered great and is adjusting very well to her new job as a stay-at-home mom. We've both been pretty tired from the rigorous schedule, but we're starting to get the hang of it. I'm also currently in the process of moving jobs at work. Its not exactly a promotion because I'm changing departments, but it is a step up, and everyone at work keeps telling me congrats (so I guess that means its a good thing) Not the best timing in the world though- as we're still adjusting to having a baby in the house. And I'm not really looking forward to doing two jobs until they find a replacement for me. But, its for the better and I'm excited about it.

That's all I have for now. Hopefully when we finally get the internet at our new apartment I can get back into a better groove of posting.

We can't begin to thank all of you enough for your prayers, thoughts, support, gifts, phone calls and visits during this exciting time. We are very blessed to have so many great people in our lives.

Thanks again

Being five weeks early I didn't really have time for my name game to fully develop. Sorry. Kind of ironic note about that- Only once in our 5+ months of having that name picked out did it come up in conversation. And even then, it wasn't a guess.

Adios Muchachos

5 comments:

Kara said...

Congrats to the Ellis family of 3! We are so excited for yall, and hopefully we can all meet up during the Christmas time. Get some rest : )

Matt said...

Good to have you back blogging. Congrats on taking the job. Tell Noah I said it's 11:30 and OU still sucks. Can't wait to hang out with yall again.

*Courtney* said...

Yay! Welcome back Aaron! Congrats on getting the new job...hope it's not too stressful right now. Glad y'all are getting into the swing of things. We miss y'all and hope to see you again soon!!!

*Courtney* said...

That's funny, Matt and I practically posted at the exact same time! :) We didn't plan that either...

Cassie said...

Aaron...I have been checking your blog for a new post about Noah everyday since he was born:)

We are so excited for you and I absolutely LOVE the name!! It's so perfect:)

We love you guys...give Allison a big hug for us...we can't wait to visit your sweet family soon.

Cas