Wednesday, February 28, 2007

The Office




I mentioned on Monday that one of my favorite shows on television is 'The Office' on NBC. In my opinion it has a collection of some of the best characters and the most original humor on tv. Some scenarios in the show often hit home with my daily experiences in the workplace. Take for instance a brief conversation I had this morning with a coworker:

*For legal purposes the actual names of my coworkers will not be used in this blog. Let it be known from this point forward that the accountant I share an office with will be referred to as 'Larry'.

Larry: "Hey Aaron, do you know anything about cell phones?"

Me: "A little, I guess."

Larry: "Well, for some reason I can't get mine to stop beeping, can you take a look at it?"

Me: "Sure" I said as I walked over to his desk, picked up the beeping phone and began inspecting the screen. Everything seemed to be working properly. No lights were flashing and the battery indicated that it was fully charged. "Well, the battery light isn't flashing. Do you have an alarm set or something?"

Larry: "I don't think so. Do you think maybe water might've caused it to start beeping?"

Me: "I don't know. Why?"

Larry: "Well, I dropped it in the toilet about ten minutes ago."

I didn't have the courage to ask what was in the toilet. I don't think at this point it matters. I've washed my hands about six times, but my focus is pretty much shot for the day.

2 comments:

Jonathan said...

did you give him his stapler back?

Holly and David said...

You can NOT be serious. Gross.