Monday, October 30, 2006

Weekend in Awesometown 10/30

Things are busy these days in Awesometown, USA.

I returned Saturday night from my short trip to Surprise, AZ (Phoenix area) for a big grand opening festival for one the company's new dental practices. The day was a huge success as far as business was concerned. Not much exciting to report about the trip except that I got to drive a new Dodge Charger while I was there. Nice car, but the stinking windshield was so low that I had to slouch in order to see the road. I also stayed at the spring training hotel home of the Texas Rangers. I knew Tom Hicks was cheap, but I didn't know he was that cheap. Also, don't go the Phoenix area unless you have at least two days to do nothing but play golf.

I'd like to send a shout-out to Daylight Savings Time. Thanks to him and DVR, I was able to get home Saturday night, watch the Sooners victory, and still get enough sleep to wake up early before church and watch the Texas game. A side note: Colt McCoy scares me a bit. This is suppose to be his year of paying dues, not leading his team to Vince-like comebacks. Also, imagine the level Paul Thompson (the biggest surprise of the season) would be playing at, had he already had a year under his belt. Stupid Corky Bomar.

The baby boy is already trying to do great things. Yesterday during church, he was trying to kick his way out as the preacher was calling for a young boy to rise up and follow God. So what we know so far: He loves the Sooners (at his first game he was kicking like crazy when they took the field against Washington) and he's ready to follow God. I'm a proud father already.

Allison is doing great. She's over 7 months along and is feeling good, even though the boy insists on jabbing her in the ribs several times a day. We should have some good pics of her to post very soon.

We're both very excited about seeing family and friends this coming weekend, especially my Yankee sis who's coming all the way from snow-covered NY. We have a baby shower and a move on the calendar in the next week, so there should be plenty of blog-worthy moments.

Here a few names for the weekend and one for today:
Paul
Tony
Colt

3 comments:

Kami said...

can't wait to see you guys!!!!

Matt said...

Yeah, what if Stoops didn't pull the trigger so fast on Thompson? Do you think other coaches will learn from this lesson, and will fans not pressure the coaches to win it all every year? Thats something I've been thinking about with the Bobby Bowden thing going on, when will fans realize that their team can't be great every year? Being good is one thing but great every year takes a lot of things to fall in place. Even though it would probably help Texas more if A&M won, I really hope ya'll put it on them. It's time for them to be put back in their place.

david said...

See you Sunday! dad