Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Welcome to Awesometown

Don't expect greatness.

Simply titling my blog "Awesometown" does not imply that you're going find extraordinary insight, life changing advice, or even anything that should be dubbed "Awesome". You should however expect some luke-warm sports opinions, mild humor, updates on baby-boy Ellis, and perhaps even a few guest visits from Momma Ellis herself (Allison).

I've held out from becoming part of the blog community long enough and finally I've given in to creating my own. At this point I feel confident enough that I can at least keep a reader informed of the things going on in my life. I know updates can get a little boring, so along the way I'll attempt to add a little more than just family news.

If you haven't heard by now, Allison and I are expecting a little baby boy (a real-live human) in December. The 27th to be exact. We couldn't be more happy, and its really gearing up to be an incredible holiday season. Allison is doing great, I can already tell she's going to be the best mother. You've probably also heard that we've picked out a name and we're keeping it a complete secret until he arrives. To promote reader loyalty, I've decided to eliminate one name per post from your list of guesses. This should make things interesting down the stretch. I promise not to throw out names like "Zeke" every day. These will be names people have actually guessed or that we've considered.

Thanks for reading,

First name: Adrian

3 comments:

Matt said...

I look forward to the greatness of Awesometown. Sorry about Adrian, it seems like its just one thing after another. But don't forget about the 5 years before the last two. Thats the only good thing about down years, it makes the great years that much more enjoyable. Name Guess: Bob

david said...

Great to have you blogging. Maybe it'll spur me on to blog some more. I'll not comment on the name thing, just leave it up to you guys.

dad

Kami said...

just so you know, james think it's hilarious! that you're doing this whole name thing!! I mean laughed out loud when i read it to him! Glad to see you on here...great pic by the way. Love you guys!