Friday, November 17, 2006

And it gets even Awesomer...

Today is Friday, which is always good. But today is good for different reasons. I have this weird, excited feeling today. Allison would tell you it's because I'm going on this golf trip. And that's partly true.

I think the fact that I'm going to be a dad is finally hitting me. I thought it would've happened by now. It kind of happened a few weeks ago when I was putting the baby furniture together, or when we were loading up all of our gifts from the shower. But not like this. During this whole pregnancy, we've both had time to adjust to the fact that we are soon going to have a child, but everyone's always asking "Has it hit you yet?" "Yeah, I guess" is normally my response. But today the answer is "Yes".

It has to do with the fact that I'm heading out of town for a weekend trip which I've been really looking forward to for months. Back in the summer, when Ben was visiting, we planned out this trip. In my head, the time line has kind of been working itself out. We planned the trip early enough so that I could be in town for the last month or so of Allison's pregnancy. Going on this trip means I come home, work a few days, then there's Thanksgiving, then its pretty much open baby season. Christmas is not far away. Christmas means baby. And I couldn't be more excited.

This weekend I'm going to try to put my focus on golf and hanging out with the guys. But it won't be easy. I just can't get this baby and my wife out of my head.

Now for golf. I'm heading out (in couple hours) to Bastrop, TX to meet three guys at ColoVista Country club. We're going to attempt to play this beautiful course 4 times over the weekend. I've never been there, but all I hear about it are great things. The front nine is a Texas style "links" course and the back is in the middle of the Hill Country. I played golf with these 3 guys dozens of times in college and always had a blast. This weekend will be a great time of catching up and most importantly- a little friendly competition. I guess I'll report back on Monday with a review of my victory.

"Tee it high and let it fly!"

Name for today:
Daniel (or Danny) (or animal)

3 comments:

Bonniebeewester said...

Aww...sniff sniff...I think that was the sweetest post. Yeah for baby Ellis!! So, who's gonna be in charge of telling everyone when Al goes into labor?

Kami said...

you are going to be an amazing father! I miss you guys so much and I can't wait for Christmas! love you
!

James Y said...

Has it hit you yet?