Monday, November 13, 2006

Weekend in Awesometown 11/13

Once again, Awesometown was very busy this weekend.

We were finally able to stay at our new place. Allison worked a lot. I played golf. We also mixed in dinner with friends, several college football games (all at the same time), and Emma's birthday party. All of that didn't allow us much time to unpack and get settled, so we're still living amongst the boxes for the time being. Hopefully after this week, it will start to feel more like home.

Golf was great. Art and I played at Firewheel in Garland- which is turning into one of my favorite courses. (not that I have an extensive repertoire) You can't beat playing at a great course with great weather. Of course, losing 5 balls to the water and barely breaking 100 didn't help matters. Still had a good time with the FIL.

What a great weekend of sports! (Aside from Colt McCoy being injured) Sooners win. Texans win. Rockets win. (Yao for MVP?) Mavs win. Cowboys win. Texas loses?! Doesn't get much better than that.

Let me just get this out. I like to see Texas lose. But not like that. I know how it feels to see your all-star go down. (Jason White, Adrian Peterson) Sorry to all of you Texas fans (and I'm serious)... especially now that I have to root for A&M.

Oklahoma had a great win coming back from a 2 touchdown deficit to beat Tech. What a great performance by Paul Thompson. After completing only 3 passes against A&M last weekend, Paul was 24-31 for 309 yds and 2 tds. He was able to shake off his huge interception that put them down two scores and bring them back to win (with the help of our 4th string running back). Not to mention the defense seems to have figured it all out. Don't look now, but with another slip up by Texas, OU could play for the Big XII.

I had a great time at Emma's birthday party. I'll have fun anytime you combine chili-dogs with cupcakes and a bounce house. The best part was when all of the kids decided it would be fun to play "Kill Aaron" with the little plastic balls (like in the old McDonald's ball pit) They ganged up on me for a good half hour and left me for dead with multiple bruises. Good times.

I'm gearing up for this weekend's guys trip. Heading down to Bastrop, TX to Colo Vista Country Club (I will likely revisit this in future posts this week) for lots of catching up, eating, and a whole lot of golf. I'm really looking forward to spending some quality time with friends that I haven't seen in a while. Can't wait.

Name for today:
Drew

3 comments:

Aaron said...

It'll be Ben, Brett Paulk, and Dillman. The four of us played golf together a lot in A-town. Should be fun- if I can keep in the fairway and out of the drink.

Heather said...

Ok, so the game this past weekend was one of the best games I've been to in awhile. I was in desperate need of a QB sack and Lindy Holmes gave that to me in the 4th. Man, I was so happy I almost cried.

Anonymous said...

eliminating Drew from the list, eh? Piss poor...see ya in a few days!