Monday, November 06, 2006

Weekend in Awesometown 11/6

Once again it was a very busy weekend in Awesometown. Lets get right to it:

I want to start with a special thanks to all who were a part of Allison's baby shower on Saturday. Especially to Lindsay, Al's mom, and the other hosts who did an excellent job of putting it all together. Several family members and close friends were there with lots of gifts for the baby. It was a great surprise to see how many people made the trip to be there. We are very blessed to have so many great people in our lives. Also, I'm already getting worried about how spoiled this baby's grandparents are going to make him. Thanks everyone!

It was a great long weekend of hanging out with the family. My yankee sister, mom, dad, and brother were all in town, and it was a lot of fun to see everyone. It's a bit scary to think that the next time we see them, we'll have a kid (or at least be very close). It makes it especially tough to go back to work after such a good weekend.

Notes:

-Borat was awful. It had several opportunities to very funny, but they were all ruined with crude sexual humor and male nudity that made me feel very awkward. (I sound old, I know. But it was terrible.)

-The Sooners escape with a win. If you didn't watch this, it was crazy. Fran appears to be trying to lose his job. Stoops looked like vintage Stoops. Including a first half onside kick and going for it on 4th down in A&M territory at the end to ice it. Insert 12th man joke here. I still have some major questions about the offensive play calling. Why after running the ball for 120 yards in first quarter, do we not open it up and pass? Stupid penalties continue to hurt us and kept A&M in the game. Paul had an off night, but the receivers didn't help matters by dropping several balls (including a td). I credit the Aggies for staying in the game after that first quarter. If you had a coach, you might have won. I'll take the win at Kyle Field though. This play was negated by one of those dumb penalties, but hopefully we'll see more of this from Allen Patrick:


-Tony Romo looks for real. News flash, TO is a joke- his teammates must hate him. Why go for 2 that early? Roy Williams is not a pro bowl safety. I love the guy, but he cannot cover. Move him to linebacker and he'll be great. Cowboys are a very long shot to make the playoffs.

-Texas is getting the shaft in the BCS. I know its early, but check out this breakdown from the BIL on the computer rankings. Their only loss is to the number one team. Give me a break.

-My curse appears to have worked on the Mavs. Jason Terry has already called a players-only meeting. Sorry.

I've been getting lots of criticism on my name selection. Since I'm in a good mood, here is a better name for the day:

Aidan

2 comments:

Matt said...

Texas has themselves to blame for playing Bomar State..I hate Parcells..please lift your curse, will the mavs win a game all year?

Aaron said...

Sorry man. Matt is right, the mavs will probably lose every game this season. Thats the best I can do for lifting your curse. Whats done is done. Switching subjects- The Ticket now calls him Vanderclank and I tried to like TO too, but he's a nut job who hasnt made plays.

And yes Matt, they shouldnt schedule Rhett Tech, but Rutgers? and Boise ahead of them in computer polls? Even a biased sooner knows a shaft job when he sees it. They still may get there.